The
Crocodile and The Monkey
One day a monkey wanted to cross a river. He saw a
crocodile in the river, so he asked the crocodile to take him across the other
side. The crocodile told the monkey to jump on its back. Then the crocodile
swam down the river.
Now, the crocodile was very hungry, so when it was in the middle of the river, it stopped and said to the monkey, ”Monkey, my father is very sick. He must eat the heart of the monkey. Then he will be strong again.”
The monkey thought for a while. Then he told the crocodile to swim back to the river bank.
“What’s for?” asked the crocodile.
“Because I didn’t bring my heart with me,” said the monkey. “I left it under the tree, near some coconuts.”
So, the crocodile turned around and swam back to the bank of the river. As soon as they reached the river bank, the monkey jumped off the crocodile’s back and climbed up to the top of a tree.
“Where is your heart?” asked the crocodile.
“You are foolish,” the monkey said to the crocodile. “Now I am free and you have nothing.”
The monkey told the crocodile not to try to fool him again. The crocodile swam away, hungry.
Now, the crocodile was very hungry, so when it was in the middle of the river, it stopped and said to the monkey, ”Monkey, my father is very sick. He must eat the heart of the monkey. Then he will be strong again.”
The monkey thought for a while. Then he told the crocodile to swim back to the river bank.
“What’s for?” asked the crocodile.
“Because I didn’t bring my heart with me,” said the monkey. “I left it under the tree, near some coconuts.”
So, the crocodile turned around and swam back to the bank of the river. As soon as they reached the river bank, the monkey jumped off the crocodile’s back and climbed up to the top of a tree.
“Where is your heart?” asked the crocodile.
“You are foolish,” the monkey said to the crocodile. “Now I am free and you have nothing.”
The monkey told the crocodile not to try to fool him again. The crocodile swam away, hungry.
The Fox and The Cat
Once a Cat and a Fox were traveling together. As they
went along, picking up provisions on the way—a stray mouse here, a fat chicken
there—they began an argument to while away the time between bites. And,
as usually happens when comrades argue, the talk began to get personal.
"You think you are extremely clever, don't
you?" said the Fox. "Do you pretend to know more than I? Why, I know
a whole sackful of tricks!"
"Well," retorted the Cat, "I admit I
know one trick only, but that one, let me tell you, is worth a thousand of
yours!"
Just then, close by, they heard a hunter's horn and
the yelping of a pack of hounds. In an instant the Cat was up a tree,
hiding among the leaves.
"This is my trick," he called to the Fox.
"Now let me see what yours are worth."
But the Fox had so many plans for escape he could
not decide which one to try first. He dodged here and there with the hounds
at his heels. He doubled on his tracks, he ran at top speed, he entered a dozen
burrows,—but all in vain. The hounds caught him, and soon put an end to the
boaster and all his tricks.
How
the Elephant got it's Long Nose
Many, many years ago a massive, smelly elephant went
to visit his mates in the African Jungle. When the elephant visited his mates
the zebra giggled “Have you had a bath today elephant?”
Then the elephant ran away from the zebra and the
crocodile. The elephant started to sob. “Why oh why do I have to be very
smelly!” the elephant murmured. Every animal started to laugh at him because he
had a very smelly back! The elephant just couldn’t help it.
Then he strolled down very, very slowly to the lake.
As the elephant was drinking the ground shook and two gigantic, enormous rocks
tumbled down the hill and splashed into the lake. Then the enormous rocks
floated towards the elephant’s nose and trapped it. He pulled and he pulled
until he got his nose out. After that the massive rocks floated away and then
the fat elephant finally got a drink & then he realised he could reach the
water.
After that he looked at his reflection in the water
and his eyes went bigger and bigger. He started to jump excitedly explaining.
“I’ve got a long trunk I can wash my back!” After that he started to tell all
the other animals but before he did that he started to wash his back. He was so
exited he started to skip all the way to tell all his friends.
Then they all had a party to celebrate with elephant
because he was a lovely elephant! Then he was skipping down to the lake with
all his friends and ran and made a big , massive SPLASH!
The Legend of Mount Wayang
Long, long ago, when the gods and goddesses used
to mingle in the affairs of mortals, there was a small kingdom on the slope of
Mount Wayang in West Java. The King, named Sang Prabu, was a wise man. He had
an only daughter, called Princess Teja Nirmala, who was famous for her
beauty.However, she was not married. One day Sang Prabu made up his mind to
settle the matter by a show of strength.
After that, Prince of
Blambangan, named Raden Begawan, won the competition. Unfortunately, the wicked
fairy, Princess Segara,fell in love with Raden Begawan and used magic power to
render him unconscious and forget his wedding. When Sang Prabu was
searching,Raden Begawan saw the king and soon realized that he had been
enchanted by the wicked fairy. The fairy could not accept this, so she killed
Raden Begawan. When Princess Teja Nirmala heard this, she was very sad. So a
nice fairy took her to the Kahyangan.
The story goes that on certain moonlight nights, one can hear the sound of
music in the air above from the top of the mountain. It indicates that Sang
Prabu and his daughter have not met each other till dawn when it is time for
them to part and to meet again on another moonlight night.
The Mouse Deer and The Tiger
Many
countries have stories about small, weak creatures animals or people, who can
outwit bigger, stronger creatures. Often the animals talk and behave like
people. Malaysia has many stories like this. People another countries like to
read them, specially once about the mouse deer. He is small and very strong,
but he is quick and clever. Have you read this story? Yeah if i read this story
it would be great to me.
One hot day
in the forest, the mouse deer had the tiger coming. He knew that the tiger
would want to it him so he quickly thought of a trick. When the tiger appeared.
The mouse deer pretended to be guarding some rotting leaves.
'What's
that?' Ask the tiger.
'It is
food,' said the mouse deer,'But it is very special food. It is the king's food
and I'm guarding it.'
'Royal
food!' said the tiger.'I must taste that.'
'You can
not,' cried the mouse deer.'It is the king's food.' He ran away into the jungle
the tiger took a hugs bite at the leaves. He expected them to taste delicious,
but they did not. They were only rotten leaves. With a growl of anger the tiger
ran after the mouse deer.
The mouse deer then found a long, brightly
coloured snake which was asleep. He sat down near it. Then the tiger appeared,
growling with rage, the mouse deer said, 'Be quiet! I am guarding the king's
belt. It is a magic belt. The person who wears it can wish for anything that he
wants. That is why only the king can wear it.'
The stupid
tiger began to try to persuade the mouse deer to let him wear the belt.
'Please let
me wear it, ' he said. 'I want to have one wish. Then I will return it to you.'
Of course,
he really intended to keep it. The mouse deer refused at first. Then he
pretended that the tiger had persuaded him.
'All right,'
he said, 'but please don't put it on until I have gone.' He ran off into the
forest.
When the
tiger tried to put on the 'belt', the snake woke up. It was angry and it
wrapped itself around the tiger and bit it. After a hard struggle, the tiger
managed to escape. He ran after the mouse deer screaming with rage.
'I'll kill
you!' he shouted at the top of his voice.
But the
mouse deer was calmly standing by a large, round thing when the tiger appeared.
He did not seem to be afraid.
'Please be
quiet,' he said to the tiger. Can't you see what I am doing? I am guarding this
drum. It is a royal drum. It belongs to the king. Only the king may play it.
Isn't it beautiful? It makes a beautiful sound, but i can't let you play it.'
'I WILL play
it,' roared the tiger. 'If you try to stop me, I will eat you. Now, run away!'
As the mouse
deer ran off, the tiger struck the 'drum' a great blow with his paw. But the
thing was not a drum. It was a bees nest. The angry bees flew out and stung the
tiger until he ran off into the forest and was never seen again.
'I may be
shall,' said the mouse deer, 'but I am clever.'